Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Ronan!

Ronan Jay Murphy, February 7, 2006


Ronan Jay Murphy, August 2007


It seems like just yesterday that Ronan was a screaming, needy baby. Oh wait, that was yesterday. But not tomorrow.

Tomorrow Ronan turns 2, and I have big expectations. Gone will be the dramatic tantrums, the unprovoked attacks on his brother and cousins. Instead there will be an inquisitive yet docile toddler who listens to his parents and plays nicely with his brother and cousins. He'll start speaking in full sentences. He'll sit quietly and watch a TV show when I need him to, like when I just can't get out of bed at 6am again, but he won't cry and demand TV all the time like his big brother.

Hmm... a Stepford toddler?

The truth is, as much as I may moan on these pages about Ronan's, er, difficult nature, I really can't imagine my life without him. And I think it's his very toughness that tugs at my heartstrings the most. When he's bad, he's very, very bad, but when he's good, he's... just delicious.

1 comment:

yukapuk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONAN!!!!!!!